By Diana Hsieh
- Ryan Sponsored Abortion Bill That Would Make Romney's Kids Criminals: Yes, "personhood" laws would criminalize the most common and affordable IVF procedures.
- Pussy Riot jailed for two years: Blasphemy laws are alive and well in Russia.
- Pregnant teenager dies in the Dominican Republic after cancer treatment delay, underscoring concerns about 'personhood' legislation: As expected, anti-abortion zealots deny any responsibility.
- A Faded Piece of Papyrus Refers to Jesus' Wife: "A historian of early Christianity at Harvard Divinity School [Karen King] has identified a scrap of papyrus that she says was written in Coptic in the fourth century and contains a phrase never seen in any piece of Scripture: "Jesus said to them, 'My wife ...'" ... She repeatedly cautioned that this fragment should not be taken as proof that Jesus, the historical person, was actually married. The text was probably written centuries after Jesus lived, and all other early, historically reliable Christian literature is silent on the question, she said."
- No negative impacts from repeal of 'don't ask, don't tell,' study reveals: I'm not surprised in the least.