By Diana Hsieh
- Catholic Hospital Chain Wins Lawsuit by Arguing Fetus Is Not a Person: "A Catholic health provider has abandoned its beliefs by arguing that a dead fetus and a dead person are not the same thing in order to win a malpractice lawsuit." Well, that's not an example of sticking by principle, now is it? (Update: Bishops will review Catholic hospital's malpractice defense.)
- Anti-Abortion Group to Lawmakers: Please, Let's Talk About Rape!: If Personhood USA was a front for Democrats, it would act... well, exactly as it does. Recall that every GOP presidential candidate except Romney willingly embraced "personhood for zygotes" in this last election and participated in Personhood USA's debates. (Alas, Romney then selected a personhood zealot for his running mate.) Such zealous social conservatism is a big part of why the GOP has been losing elections in Colorado and elsewhere... and why they'll continue to do so without serious reform.
- WTF, Evolution?: "Honoring natural selection's most baffling creations. Go home, evolution, you are drunk." Oh creationists, what does your god have to say for himself now?
- Vassar Uses Anti-Gay Protest to Raise Funds to Help Gay Youth: Kudos to Vassar for turning hateful speech by the Westboro Baptist nutters into fundraising for a good cause.
- Cardinal Peter Turkson, Possible Pope Successor, Has Defended Legislation Like Uganda's 'Kill The Gays' Bill: Disgusting, but thoroughly biblical.
- Fetuses Don’t Have Rights; Pregnant Women Do; This Distinction is Crucial: Fetuses are not persons with rights, but that doesn't mean that random people can intentionally or negligently cause the death of a fetus without legal penalty.